Test-Driven Development Using Visual Studio and C#
- 1 day
- Understand the principles of test-driven development.
- Acquire fluency in developing tests using the Visual Studio unit testing framework.
- Efficiently exercise test suites using Visual Studio and MSTest.
- Test-Driven Development
- What Is Test-Driven Development (TDD)?
- Functional Tests / Customer Tests
- Unit Tests / Programmer Tests
- Test Automation
- Simple Design
- A Visual Studio Test Drive
- TDD with Legacy Code
- Visual Studio Unit Testing Fundamentals
- Structure of Unit Tests
- Unit Testing Framework
- Test Cases
- Test Classes
- Test Runners
- Ignoring Tests
- Initialization and Cleanup
- More about Unit Testing Framework
- Expected Exceptions
- Custom Asserts
- Debugging Unit Tests
Each student will receive a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this C# class:
- The student should have a basic knowledge of the .NET Framework and experience programming in C# with Visual Studio.
Instructor-led courses are offered via a live Web connection, at client sites throughout Europe, and at our Geneva Training Center.