Introduction to Microsoft Word
- 1 day
- Create and edit Microsoft Word documents.
- Find tools and features using the Ribbon.
- Use the Quick Access Toolbar to expedite your work.
- Use the File tab to find important features like open, print, properties, and recent files.
- Build impressive new documents and use Word templates.
- Format text and other elements to keep your documents clear, organized, and easy to read.
- Use Styles to quickly and correctly adjust the appearance of your text.
- Add page numbers, headers, and footers.
- Use spell check and grammar check to create error-free documents.
Public expert-led online training from the convenience of your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Guaranteed to run .
Private classes are delivered for groups at your offices or a location of your choice.
Learn at your own pace with 24/7 access to an On-Demand course.
Webucator is a Microsoft Certified Partner for Learning Solutions (CPLS). Our curriculum has been tested and approved by ProCert Labs, the official tester of Microsoft courseware, and has been found to meet the highest industry standards of instructional quality.
- Creating a Microsoft Word Document
- Starting Microsoft Word
- Creating a Document
- Saving a Document
- Importing a File
- The Status Bar
- Closing a Document
- Exercise: Create a Microsoft Word Document
- The Ribbon
- The Ribbon
- Inserting Symbols Using Commands
- Tell Me
- Exercise: Exploring the Ribbon
- The Backstage View (The File Menu)
- Introduction to the Backstage View
- Opening a Document
- Exercise: Open a Document
- New Documents and Word Templates
- Exercise: Write a Thank You Letter Using a Template Letter
- Configuring Documents to Print
- Print Document Sections
- Set Print Scaling
- Exercise: Print a Document
- Adding Your Name to Microsoft Word
- Adding Values to Document Properties
- Working with Autosaved Versions of Documents
- The Quick Access Toolbar
- Adding Common Commands
- Adding Additional Commands with the Customize Dialog Box
- Adding Ribbon Commands or Groups
- Exercise: Customize the Quick Access Toolbar
- Formatting Microsoft Word Documents
- Selecting Text
- Selecting Fonts
- Clear Existing Formatting
- Set Indentation
- Change Text to WordArt
- Exercise: Working with Fonts
- Working with Lists
- Creating Custom Bullets
- Modifying List Indentation
- Modifying Line Spacing in a List
- Increasing and Decreasing List Levels
- Modifying List Numbering: Restarting and Continuing
- Exercise: Working with Lists
- Inserting a Hyperlink in a Document
- Exercise: Inserting a Hyperlink
- Using Styles
- About Styles
- Applying Paragraph Styles
- Applying Character Styles
- Changing Document Style Sets
- Creating Quick Styles
- Exercise: Applying and Creating Custom Styles
- Using Themes
- Using the Ruler
- Exercise: Using Tabs
- Setting Margins
- Exercise: Setting Margins
- Editing Documents
- Find and Replace
- Using a Wildcard to Find and Replace
- Find and Replace Tips
- Inserting Text Using AutoCorrect
- Appending Text to a Document
- Exercise: Using Find and Replace
- Using the Clipboard
- The Clipboard Group
- Copying and Pasting Text
- The Office Clipboard Task Pane
- Exercise: Using the Clipboard
- Finalizing Microsoft Word Documents
- Adding Page Numbers
- Exercise: Adding Page Numbers
- Headers and Footers
- Exercise: Using Headers and Footers
- Checking Spelling and Grammar
- Exercise: Checking Spelling and Grammar
Each student will receive a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this Microsoft Word class:
- Familiarity with using a personal computer, mouse, and keyboard.
- Comfortable in the Windows environment.
- Ability to launch and close programs; navigate to information stored on the computer; and manage files and folders.
Instructor-led courses are offered via a live Web connection, at client sites throughout Europe, and at our Geneva Training Center.