Advanced Microsoft Word Training
- 1 day
- Create easy-to-navigate documents with tables of contents, indexes, and outlines.
- Use citation tools including footnotes, endnotes, and bibliographies.
- Collaborate effectively using comments and track changes.
- Save time by learning to compare and combine documents.
- Use correspondence tools for creating mail merges, envelopes and labels.
- Protect your documents with read-only settings, watermarks, and other security features.
- Easily prepare your documents for any audience with internationalization and accessibility tools.
- Automate repetitive tasks using macros.
Public expert-led online training from the convenience of your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Guaranteed to run .
Private classes are delivered for groups at your offices or a location of your choice.
Learn at your own pace with 24/7 access to an On-Demand course.
Webucator is a Microsoft Certified Partner for Learning Solutions (CPLS). Our curriculum has been tested and approved by ProCert Labs, the official tester of Microsoft courseware, and has been found to meet the highest industry standards of instructional quality.
- Working with Long Documents
- Adding a Table of Contents
- Updating the Table of Contents
- Deleting the Table of Contents
- Exercise: Insert and Update a Table of Contents
- Footnotes and Endnotes
- Exercise: Working with Footnotes
- Inserting Citations and a Bibliography
- Exercise: Insert Citations and a Bibliography
- Adding an Index
- Exercise: Inserting an Index
- Inserting a Table of Figures
- Inserting and Updating a Table of Authorities
- Creating an Outline
- Promoting Sections in an Outline
- Creating a Master Document
- Review and Collaborating on Documents
- Adding Comments
- Exercise: Adding Comments to a Document
- Tracking Changes
- Exercise: Tracking Changes
- Viewing Changes, Additions, and Comments
- Exercise: Viewing Markup
- Accepting and Rejecting Changes
- Version History
- Exercise: Accepting and Rejecting Changes
- Comparing and Combining Documents
- Comparing Documents
- Exercise: Comparing Documents
- Combining Documents
- Exercise: Combining Documents
- Managing Mailings
- Creating Envelopes and Labels
- Exercise: Printing an Envelope
- Using Mail Merge
- Exercise: Using Mail Merge
- Protecting Documents
- Making Word Documents Read Only
- Password Protect Word Documents
- Removing Metadata from Files
- Restrict Formatting and Editing
- Exercise: Protecting a Document
- Random Useful Items
- Using Bookmarks
- Exercise: Using Bookmarks
- Adding Watermarks
- Exercise: Adding Custom Watermarks
- Adding Titles to Sections
- Inserting Built-in Fields
- Using the Go To Feature
- Using Macros
- Copy Macros from Document to Document
- Macro Security
- Exercise: Recording a Macro
- Customizing the Ribbon
- Assigning Shortcut Keys
- Exercise: Customizing the Ribbon
- Preparing a Document for Internationalization and Accessibility
- Modify Tab Order
- Configure Language Options
- Using Microsoft Translator
- Add Alt-Text to Document Elements
- Create Documents for Use with Accessibility Tools
- Modify Documents for Use with Accessibility Tools
- Accessibility: Using Sounds
- Manage Multiple Options for +Body and +Heading Fonts
- Apply Global Content Standards
- Using the Cloud
- Exercise: Using the Cloud
Each student will receive a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this Microsoft Word class:
- Intermediate Microsoft Word
Courses that can help you meet these prerequisites:
Instructor-led courses are offered via a live Web connection, at client sites throughout Europe, and at our Geneva Training Center.