Managing Projects Using Azure Boards
- 1 day
- Learn to work with Azure Boards.
- Learn about the Product Backlog.
- Learn how to plan and manage a sprint.
- Introduction to Azure Boards
- Azure DevOps Services overview
- Azure Boards overview
- The team project
- Creating and configuring a team project
- Securing a team project
- Teams, profiles, and notifications
- Extending Azure Boards
- Creating and using a Wiki
- The Product Backlog
- Process overview
- Working with the backlog
- Product Backlog Item vs. Bug work item type
- Features and Epics backlogs
- Decomposing large items
- Kanban board
- Tagging, querying, and charting work items
- Planning and Managing a Sprint
- Setting up a new sprint
- Forecasting work in the backlog
- The sprint backlog
- Creating a sprint plan
- The Task work item type
- The Test Case work item type
- Working with the Task Board
- Collaborating as a team
- Daily activities
- Implementing a definition of "Done"
- Completing a sprint
- Splitting an unfinished item
Each student will receive a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this Azure DevOps Services class:
- Some project management and software development experience, either as a team member or as a manager, is recommended.
Experience in the following would be useful for this Azure DevOps Services class:
- Experience with Agile software development, Scrum, and Visual Studio are also helpful, but not required.
Instructor-led courses are offered via a live Web connection, at client sites throughout Europe, and at our Geneva Training Center.