Introduction to Hadoop with Hive 3 Training
- 2 days
- Learn to get started using Hive.
- Why Hadoop?
- The motivation for Hadoop
- Use cases and case studies about Hadoop
- The Hadoop platform
- MapReduce, HDFS, YARN
- New in Hadoop 3
- Erasure Coding vs 3x replication
- Hive Basics
- Defining Hive Tables
- SQL Queries over Structured Data
- Filtering / Search
- Aggregations / Ordering
- Text Analytics (Semi Structured Data)
- New in Hive 3
- ACID tables
- Hive Query Language (HQL)
- How to run a good query?
- How to trouble shoot queries?
- HBase tables - design and use
- Phoenix driver for HBase tables
- Spark SQL
- The big picture
- How Hadoop fits into your architecture
- Hive vs HBase with Phoenix vs Excel
Each student will receive a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this Hadoop class:
- Exposure to SQL
- Ability to navigate the Linux command line.
Instructor-led courses are offered via a live Web connection, at client sites throughout Europe, and at our Geneva Training Center.