CompTIA Network+ Certification Training
- 5 days
- Identify basic network theory concepts and major network communications methods.
- Describe bounded network media.
- Describe unbounded network media.
- Identify the major types of network implementations.
- Identify TCP/IP addressing and data delivery methods.
- Analyze routing and switching technologies.
- Identify the components of a TCP/IP implementation.
- Analyze network security.
- Implement network security.
- Identify the components of a WAN implementation.
- Identify the components used in cloud computing and virtualization.
- Identify the components of a remote network implementation.
- Manage networks.
- Troubleshoot network issues.
Public expert-led online training from the convenience of your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Guaranteed to run .
Private classes are delivered for groups at your offices or a location of your choice.
- Network Theory
- Network Types
- Network Standards and the OSI Model
- Data Transmission Methods
- Bounded Network Media
- Copper Media
- Fiber Optic Media
- Bounded Network Media Installation
- Unbounded Network Media
- Wireless Networking
- Wireless Network Devices and Components
- Implement Wireless Technology
- Internet of Things
- Network Implementations
- Physical Network Topologies
- Logical Network Topologies
- Ethernet Networks
- Network Devices
- TCP/IP Addressing and Data Delivery
- The TCP/IP Protocol Suite
- IPv4 Addressing
- Default IP Addressing Schemes
- Create Custom IP Addressing Schemes
- IPv6 Addressing
- Routing and Switching
- Network Packet Routing
- Static and Dynamic IP Routing
- TCP/IP Implementation
- Configure IP Addresses
- Naming Services
- TCP/IP Utilities
- Common TCP/IP Protocols
- Network Security Analysis
- Introduction to Network Security
- Network Security Policies
- Physical Security
- Common Network Attacks
- Network Security Implementation
- Access Control
- Port, Service, and Protocol Security
- Wireless Network Security
- Patches and Updates
- Mitigation Techniques
- WAN Infrastructure
- WAN Basics
- WAN Connectivity Methods
- WAN Transmission Technologies
- Cloud and Virtualization Techniques
- Virtualization Technologies
- Network Storage Technologies
- Cloud Computing
- Remote Networking
- Remote Network Architectures
- Remote Access Network Implementations
- Virtual Private Networking
- Network Management
- Monitor Networks
- Document the Network
- Establish Baselines
- Optimize Network Performance
- Ensure Business Continuity
- Troubleshooting Network Issues
- Network Troubleshooting Methodology
- Network Troubleshooting Tools
- Troubleshoot Wired Connectivity and Performance Issues
- Troubleshoot Wireless Connectivity and Performance Issues
- Troubleshoot Network Service Issues
Each student will receive a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this CompTIA class:
- Basic Windows end-user computer skills.
Experience in the following would be useful for this CompTIA class:
- Networking experience is helpful but not mandatory; A+ certification or equivalent skills and knowledge is helpful but not mandatory.
Courses that can help you meet these prerequisites:
Instructor-led courses are offered via a live Web connection, at client sites throughout Europe, and at our Geneva Training Center.