CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP)
- 5 days
- Support IT governance in the enterprise with an emphasis on managing risk.
- Leverage collaboration tools and technology to support enterprise security.
- Use research and analysis to secure the enterprise.
- Integrate advanced authentication and authorization techniques.
- Implement cryptographic techniques.
- Implement security controls for hosts.
- Implement security controls for mobile devices.
- Implement network security.
- Implement security in the systems and software development lifecycle.
- Integrate hosts, storage, networks, applications, virtual environments, and cloud technologies in a secure enterprise architecture.
- Conduct security assessments.
- Respond to and recover from security incidents.
- Supporting IT Governance and Risk Management
- Identify the Importance of IT Governance and Risk Management
- Assess Risk
- Mitigate Risk
- Integrate Documentation into Risk Management
- Leveraging Collaboration to Support Security
- Facilitate Collaboration across Business Units
- Secure Communications and Collaboration Solutions
- Using Research and Analysis to Secure the Enterprise
- Determine Industry Trends and Their Effects on the Enterprise
- Analyze Scenarios to Secure the Enterprise
- Integrating Advanced Authentication and Authorization Techniques
- Implement Authentication and Authorization Technologies
- Implement Advanced Identity and Access Management
- Implementing Cryptographic Techniques
- Select Cryptographic Techniques
- Implement Cryptography
- Implementing Security Controls for Hosts
- Select Host Hardware and Software
- Harden Hosts
- Virtualize Servers and Desktops
- Protect Boot Loaders
- Implementing Security Controls for Mobile Devices
- Implement Mobile Device Management
- Address Security and Privacy Concerns for Mobile Devices
- Implementing Network Security
- Plan Deployment of Network Security Components and Devices
- Plan Deployment of Network-Enabled Devices
- Implement Advanced Network Design
- Implement Network Security Controls
- Implementing Security in the Systems and Software Development Lifecycle
- Implement Security throughout the Technology Lifecycle
- Identify General Application Vulnerabilities
- Identify Web Application Vulnerabilities
- Implement Application Security Controls
- Integrating Assets in a Secure Enterprise Architecture
- Integrate Standards and Best Practices in Enterprise Security
- Select Technical Deployment Models
- Integrate Cloud-Augmented Security Services
- Secure the Design of the Enterprise Infrastructure
- Integrate Data Security in the Enterprise Architecture
- Integrate Enterprise Applications in a Secure Architecture
- Conducting Security Assessments
- Select Security Assessment Methods
- Perform Security Assessments with Appropriate Tools
- Responding to and Recovering from Incidents
- Prepare for Incident Response and Forensic Investigations
- Conduct Incident Response and Forensic Analysis
Each student will receive a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this CompTIA class:
- See below
Experience in the following would be useful for this CompTIA class:
- CompTIA Security+ is strongly recommended.
- CompTIA A+ Certification
Instructor-led courses are offered via a live Web connection, at client sites throughout Europe, and at our Geneva Training Center.