Making The IT Management Move
- 1 day
- Learn specific steps needed position yourself for future management roles.
- Gain advice on how to successfully make the transition from individual contributor to Technical Lead and/or IT Manager.
- Personal Growth
- Making Sure You Want to be a Manager
- Defining Your Management Style
- Learning from Other Managers and Mentors
- Leadership versus Management
- Expanding Your IT Knowledge
- How to Think Like a CIO
- Move from Being a Mile Deep to a Mile Wide
- Expanding your Business Knowledge
- How to Learn More about Your User's/Client's Profession
- Learning Company Processes
- Learning More about Your Company and Industry
- Expanding Your Educational and IT Credentials
- Understanding Your Future Job Description
- Professional Certifications, Formal Education, and Internal Classes
- Practicing a Leadership Role
- Volunteer for Cross-department Committees
- Provide Leadership on Small Projects and through Volunteerism
- Learn to Delegate
Each student will receive a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Instructor-led courses are offered via a live Web connection, at client sites throughout Europe, and at our Geneva Training Center.