Life as a Technical Manager
- 1 day
- Gain a detailed understanding of the IT manager role.
- Learn techniques for task delegation to technical staff.
- Gain knowledge of IT business and production processes.
- Implement philosophies and techniques for managing multiple project simultaneously.
- Personal Growth
- Moving from Technician to Technical Manager
- New Required Skills and Challenges
- Maintaining Your Technical Skill
- Leading the Work versus Doing the Work
- Delegation and Relying on Your Team's Ability
- Handing Off Your Old Responsibilities and Letting Your Staff Do the Work
- Developing Confidence in Your Team
- >Managing IT
- The Importance of Process
- Maintaining Hardware and Software Standards
- Surviving a Technical Audit
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Planning
- Dealing with Contradictory IT Goals
- Managing Projects
- Project Estimation and Defining Project Resources vs. Maintenance Resources
- Project Prioritization and Managing Project Portfolios
Each student will receive a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Instructor-led courses are offered via a live Web connection, at client sites throughout Europe, and at our Geneva Training Center.