Constructive Conflict and Difficult Conversations
- 1 day
- Gain understanding of conflict sources, dynamics, and resolution.
- Gain working knowledge of key conflict resolution strategies.
- Learn the seven-step conflict resolution process.
- Learn the ALERT Difficult Conversational Process.
- Initial Thoughts and Vocabulary
- The typology of conflict
- Types of conflict
- The Conflict Spiral
- ERIC, VASE and Special Question Types
- Conflict Strategies
- Rationale and action
- Collaboration vs. compromising
- Quick Conflict Resolution Tips
- Techniques to establish positive dialog
- Defining a workable solution
- Dealing with and defusing high emotions
- The Conflict Resolution Process
- A seven-step process moving from defining the issues at hand, through resolution, and ending with ways prevent future conflicts
- Conversational Tips and Techniques
- General Ground Rules
- Constructive Feedback
- Question Restatement
- Addressing Employee Responses
- Action / Reaction(s)
- Ways to Say 'No'
- Use and Observation of Body Language
- Value of Storytelling
- Discussion Preparation
- Defining Your Goals, Risks and Results
- Time, Location and Venue
- Orchestrating the Listening Framework
- The ALERT Conversation Process Overview
Each student will receive a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Instructor-led courses are offered via a live Web connection, at client sites throughout Europe, and at our Geneva Training Center.