Introduction to Microsoft Excel
- 1 day
- Create basic, professional worksheets using Microsoft Excel.
- Perform calculations in an Excel worksheet.
- Use handy built-in templates.
- Modify an Excel worksheet.
- Format your data to create clear, presentable worksheets.
- Manage Excel workbooks.
- Save time with shortcuts.
- Print the content of an Excel worksheet.
- Learn how to use handy features new in Excel.
Public expert-led online training from the convenience of your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Guaranteed to run .
Private classes are delivered for groups at your offices or a location of your choice.
Learn at your own pace with 24/7 access to an On-Demand course.
Webucator is a Microsoft Certified Partner for Learning Solutions (CPLS). Our curriculum has been tested and approved by ProCert Labs, the official tester of Microsoft courseware, and has been found to meet the highest industry standards of instructional quality.
- Creating a Microsoft Excel Workbook
- Starting Microsoft Excel
- Creating a Workbook
- Saving a Workbook
- The Status Bar
- Adding and Deleting Worksheets
- Copying and Moving Worksheets
- Changing the Order of Worksheets
- Closing a Workbook
- Exercise: Creating a Microsoft Excel Workbook
- The Ribbon
- Tell Me
- Exercise: Exploring the Ribbon
- The Backstage View (The File Menu)
- Introduction to the Backstage View
- Opening a Workbook
- Exercise: Open a Workbook
- New Workbooks and Excel Templates
- Exercise: Select, Open and Save a Template Agenda
- Printing Worksheets
- Exercise: Print a Worksheet
- Adding Your Name to Microsoft Excel
- Adding a Theme to Microsoft Excel
- The Quick Access Toolbar
- Adding Common Commands
- Adding Additional Commands with the Customize Dialog Box
- Adding Ribbon Commands or Groups
- Exercise: Customize the Quick Access Toolbar
- Entering Data in Microsoft Excel Worksheets
- Entering Text
- Using Flash Fill
- Expand Data across Columns
- Adding and Deleting Cells
- Adding a Hyperlink
- Add WordArt to a Worksheet
- Using AutoComplete
- Exercise: Entering Text and Using AutoComplete
- Entering Numbers and Dates
- Using the Fill Handle
- Exercise: Entering Numbers and Dates
- Entering Text
- Formatting Microsoft Excel Worksheets
- Selecting Ranges of Cells
- Hiding Worksheets
- Adding Color to Worksheet Tabs
- Adding Themes to Workbooks
- Exercise: Customize a Workbook Using Tab Colors and Themes
- Adding a Watermark
- The Font Group
- Exercise: Working with Font Group Commands
- The Alignment Group
- Exercise: Working with Alignment Group Commands
- The Number Group
- Exercise: Working with Number Group Commands
- Using Formulas in Microsoft Excel
- Math Operators and the Order of Operations
- Entering Formulas
- Ink Equations
- AutoSum (and Other Common Auto-Formulas)
- Copying Formulas and Functions
- Displaying Formulas
- Relative, Absolute, and Mixed Cell References
- Exercise: Working with Formulas
- Working with Rows and Columns
- Inserting Rows and Columns
- Deleting Rows and Columns
- Transposing Rows and Columns
- Setting Row Height and Column Width
- Hiding and Unhiding Rows and Columns
- Splitting the Worksheet Window
- Freezing Panes
- Exercise: Working with Rows and Columns
- Editing Worksheets
- Find and Replace
- Exercise: Using Find and Replace
- Using the Clipboard
- Exercise: Using the Clipboard
- Exercise: Using Format Painter
- Managing Comments
- Adding Comments
- Working with Comments
- Finalizing Microsoft Excel Worksheets
- Setting Margins
- Setting Page Orientation
- Setting the Print Area
- Print Scaling (Fit Sheet on One Page)
- Printing Headings on Each Page/Repeating Headers and Footers
- Headers and Footers
- Exercise: Preparing to Print
Each student will receive a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this Microsoft Excel class:
- Familiarity with using a personal computer, mouse, and keyboard.
- Comfortable in the Windows environment.
- Ability to launch and close programs; navigate to information stored on the computer; and manage files and folders.
Instructor-led courses are offered via a live Web connection, at client sites throughout Europe, and at our Geneva Training Center.