Mastering Azure Repos
- 1 day
- Work with Azure repos.
- Learn about Git concepts.
- Learn about Visual Studio integration.
- Learn a wide range of advanced concepts.
- INTRODUCTION TO AZURE REPOS
- Azure DevOps overview
- Azure Repos overview
- Public vs. private repos
- Creating, configuring, and securing repos
- GIT CONCEPTS
- DVCS concepts and Git overview
- Using Git from the command line
- Creating/cloning a repository
- Git commit and history
- Basic Git workflows
- Git for Windows
- VISUAL STUDIO INTEGRATION
- Visual Studio Integration
- Connecting-to a repository
- Basic Git workflows revisited
- Associating comments and work items
- Viewing commit history
- Ignoring files when committing
- Visual Studio Code Integration
- WORKING WITH AZURE REPOS
- Annotating changes (for blame/praise)
- Editing commit history
- Checkout to a previos version
- Reverting to a previous version
- Resetting to a previous version
- Stashing changes
- Branching and merging
- Pull requests
- Branch policies
- Code reviews using pull requests
- MASTERING AZURE REPOS
- Git Hooks and Git extensions
- Code Search
- GitHub integration
- Workflows (Git Flow, GitHub Flow)
- Virtual File System for Git (VFS)
- Repository limits
Each student will receive a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this Azure DevOps Services class:
- Experience with version control is recommended.
Experience in the following would be useful for this Azure DevOps Services class:
- Experience with Git, Visual Studio, and C# are also helpful, but not required.
Instructor-led courses are offered via a live Web connection, at client sites throughout Europe, and at our Geneva Training Center.