Professional Azure SQL Database Administration
- 3 days
- Learn to provision a new Azure SQL database and migrate an existing on-premise SQL Server database to Azure SQL Database.
- Learn to back up and restore an Azure SQL Database.
- Learn to secure and scale an Azure SQL Database.
- Learn to monitor and tune an Azure SQL Database.
- Learn to implement high availability and disaster recovery with a Azure SQL database.
- Learn to automate common management tasks with PowerShell.
- Learn to develop a scalable cloud solution with SQL Database.
Public expert-led online training from the convenience of your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Guaranteed to run .
Private classes are delivered for groups at your offices or a location of your choice.
- Microsoft Azure SQL Database Primer
- Azure SQL Database Architecture
- Migrating an SQL Server Database to an Azure SQL Database
- Azure SQL Database Service Tiers
- Determining an Appropriate Service Tier
- Determining Compatibility Issues
- Determining the Migration Method
- Backing up the SQL Database
- Automatic Backups
- Manual Backups
- Restoring an Azure SQL Database
- Restore Types
- Securing an Azure SQL Database
- Access Control
- Proactive Security
- Scaling Out Azure SQL Database
- Vertical Scaling
- Horizontal Scaling
- Elastic Pools
- Introducing Elastic Pools
- Elastic Jobs
- High Availability and Disaster Recovery
- High Availability
- Disaster Recovery
- Monitoring and Tuning Azure SQL Database
- Monitoring an Azure SQL Database Using the Azure Portal
- Tuning an Azure SQL Database
Each student will receive a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this Azure class:
- Prior experience of working on an on-premises SQL Server
- Knowledge of PowerShell and C#.
Instructor-led courses are offered via a live Web connection, at client sites throughout Europe, and at our Geneva Training Center.