Presentation Skills for IT Professionals
- 1 day
- Learn how to properly prepare a business presentation.
- Learn how to improve your presentation style and delivery.
- Learn best practices in PowerPoint design, structure, and format.
- Presentation Preparation
- Who is in the Audience
- What Your Audience Wants
- Your Goals from the Presentation
- What You Want Them to Do
- Situational Understanding
- Personal Strengths and Weaknesses
- PowerPoint Presentation Design
- Environmental Considerations
- Picking a Template
- Building the Presentation
- High-level Presentation Structure
- Introduction Slide
- Body Types
- Conclusion / Call to Action
- Back Slide Strategies
- Giving Virtual Presentations
- If New to Virtual Presentations
- Things Going Against You
- Ideas to Help Things Run Smoothly
- Maximize Your Personal Energy
- Presentation Delivery
- Practice, Practice, Practice
- Just Before Your Presentation
- When Entering the Room
- Watching Your Audience
- Watching Yourself
- Engaging Your Audience
- Types of Challenging Situations
- Questions and Answers
- Gadgets: Effective-Presenter Collection
- Gadgets: Contingency Collection
Each student will receive a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Instructor-led courses are offered via a live Web connection, at client sites throughout Europe, and at our Geneva Training Center.