Negotiation Skills Training
- 1 day
- Learn about the basics of negotiation including why people hate to do it.
- Learn how to overcome your dislike of negotiating.
- Learn about the negotiation process and important concepts.
- Learn how to prepare for negotiating and important negotiating strategies.
- Learn how to handle the challenges that come with negotiating.
- Initial Thoughts
- What Is Negotiation?
- We All Negotiate at Home and Work
- Why People Hate to Negotiate
- Overcoming Dislike of Negotiation
- Finding Your Own Style
- Important Concepts
- Negotiation Process
- Win-Win, Win-Lose, and Lose-Win
- Distributive vs. Integrative Negotiation
- Competitive vs. Cooperative Negotiation
- Needs vs. Wants
- The Flinch
- Value of Flexibility
- Power of the Parking Lot
- BATNA, WATNA, and ZOPA
- Negotiation Styles
- Know Your Style and Opponents Style
- Negotiation Preparations
- Value of Preparation
- Understand Want You're Negotiating
- Know Your Objectives
- Know Your Bottom Line
- Know Your Ability to Walk Away
- Rank List Your Priorities
- Know Your Potential Risks
- Learn Other Person's Needs and Wants
- Negotiating Strategies
- Compare Needs and Wants
- Look for Mutual Gain
- Invent Creative Options
- Negotiate Problem Not Person
- Trade Effectively
- Focus on Interests, Not Positions
- Use Objective Criteria
- Dealing with Difficult Tactics
- Pressure for Quick Decision
- Cries Poor
Each student will receive a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Instructor-led courses are offered via a live Web connection, at client sites throughout Europe, and at our Geneva Training Center.