Introduction to Photoshop Creative Cloud (CC) Training
- 3 days
- Become familiar with the Photoshop workspace.
- Learn to work with images.
- Learn selection techniques.
- Learn how to collage images from various sources.
- Learn to create layer masks.
- Understand color models.
- Learn to use brush tools for painting and retouching.
- Understand basic color correction principles and techniques.
- Use the Layers panel for adjustments, clipping, and special effects.
- Learn to prepare final art for web and print.
- Learn design techniques for web.
- Learn to prepare final art.
Public expert-led online training from the convenience of your home, office or anywhere with an internet connection. Guaranteed to run .
Private classes are delivered for groups at your offices or a location of your choice.
Learn at your own pace with 24/7 access to an On-Demand course.
- Exploring the Photoshop Workspace
- Resetting the Photoshop Preferences
- Tools and Navigation
- The Options Bar
- Panels and the Panel Dock
- Image Size and Resolution
- Understanding Raster Images: The Relationship between Size and Resolution
- Targeting Resolution for Print and Web
- Using the Crop Tool
- Saving an Image for the Web
- Export Artboards
- Adding Canvas to an Image
- Selection Tools
- Simple Selection Techniques
- The Magic Wand and Quick Selection Tools
- Layer Masks
- The Refine Edge Feature
- Working with the Pen Tool
- Using Paths to Make Selections
- Select Image Areas in Focus
- RGB and CMYK Color Models
- Working with the Brush Tool and Brush Panels
- Introduction to Brush Blending Modes
- Retouching and Restoration
- Using the Clone Source Panel
- Color Correction
- Using Blending Modes for Simple Color Correction
- Working with Adjustment Layers
- Advanced Layer Techniques
- Expanding on the the Basics
- The Black & White Adjustment Layer
- Clipping Masks
- Blending Images with a Gradient Mask
- Smart Objects
- Working with Type and Vector Shapes
- Vector Shapes
- Working with Type
- Designing for Web
- Guides and Organization
- Slice Tools
- Save for Web
- Preparing Final Art
- Preparing an Image for Print Production
- File Formats
Each student will receive a comprehensive set of materials, including course notes and all the class examples.
Experience in the following is required for this Photoshop class:
- Experience with basic software programs such as Microsoft Word
Experience in the following would be useful for this Photoshop class:
- Although not required, using two monitors for this class is strongly recommended.
Instructor-led courses are offered via a live Web connection, at client sites throughout Europe, and at our Geneva Training Center.